Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Inventory = details, details and patience!


What does 'bologna' have in common with a 'mopping bucket'? Not much that I can tell, but in relation to WickeDeli these non-relative nouns reside in the same document as one another: our very robust inventory spreadsheet.

I never understood how someone could sit for hours in front of a computer screen, scouring the internet, looking for the obscure (or even the 'what you wouldn't think is so obscure but somehow it is and you can't find it'). NOW I understand. (And we aren't just talking hours on the internet doing research - more like months). But I learned a bit along the way and the end result is a rock-solid document that is the foundation for outfitting our venture.

Whatever the goal when conducting internet research, the reality remains that you can find ANYTHING on the internet with time and patience. (I learned the patience part).

-Tatiana

4 comments:

Be Fit With Biray said...

Well, in that case, I'm glad I don't eat meat because spring-fresh clean bologna really doesn't sound too appetizing. LOL!

You're right about finding anything on the internet. I wonder if searching long enough leads us to the answers of the universe!

Unknown said...

Well, I think that once you are open you will quickly see the connection between Bologna and the Mop bucket! ;-)
[eeeewwwww.]
---Weldon

Anonymous said...

Glad to see a post. Still sitting in a parking lot waiting to eat... just not sure if this is the right lot....

Unknown said...

No doubt you will become all too friendly with both of those items!